Apocalypse Ale Works Brewery - 1257 Burnbridge Rd, Forest, VA 24551 - (434) 258-8761
Next up on the epic Memorial Day Beercation trip was Apocalypse Ale Works just outside of Lynchburg in Forest, Virginia. They have a nice outdoor setup and they had 8 different brews on tap. This calls for a flight!
1. Golden Censer Wheat - Honey Wheat Ale - 5.0% - 18 IBU
2. Sinful Blonde - Belgian Ale - 5.0% - 18 IBU
3. Red Hoppocalypse - Imperial Red Ale - 8.0% - 110 IBU
4. Heavy Red Horseman - Wee Heavy Scottish Ale - 7.4% - 23 IBU
5. Lustful Maiden - Belgian Dubbel - 7.9% - 23 IBU
6. Devil's Secret (Collaboration with Devil's Backbone) - German Style Dopple Sticke Ale - 7.5% - 23 IBU
7. 6th Seal Imperial Stout - Chocolate Stout - 9.2% - 45 IBU
8. 6th Seal Snack - Chocolate Stout - 7.5% - 20 IBU
Read More At Apocalypse's Website
Apocalypse has a really small bar and a huge backyard. To get to the brewhouse you walk up a ramp and onto a deck overlooking a big beer garden below. This would be a great place to bring a group on a warm afternoon.
Beyond Recommendations: Golden Censer Wheat
MORE VA BREWERIES FROM THE GREAT VIRGINIA BEER TRIP