Big Lick Brewing Company - 135 Salem Ave SW #100, Roanoke, VA 24011 - (540) 562-8383
Next up on the epic Memorial Day Beercation trip was Big Lick Brewing Company in the heart of Roanoke, Virginia. This is a really great small and quiet brewpub with some very good beers on tap. They had 7 brews on tap and of course I ran the full flight.
1. Summer Sun - Rye Pale Ale - 4.6% - 30 IBU
2. Dunkel Lecken - Dunkleweizen - 7.2% - 70 IBU
3. Slave To The Grind- Coffee Porter - 5.8% - 55 IBU
4. Logperch Brown Ale - American Brown Ale - 5.3% - 40 IBU
5. Murray Run Red - American Red Ale - 5.7% - 30 IBU
6. Cornwallis' Revenge - English Double IPA - 6.5% - 90 IBU
7. Peace Love & Hoppiness - Double IPA - 6.5% - 90 IBU
Read More At Big Lick's Website
When we walked inside Big Lick it was very quiet. Like a library quiet. It was also really really dark. However, after the place started to fill up they had a guy playing some live music and things picked up. We met some cool people at the bar.
The bar setup was neat with a couple tanks behind the bar. They had free popcorn with flavor powder toppings which really hit the spot. The flight comes in a wooden crate. Overall this was one of my favorite setups and it was my #1 seed of beer deliciousness.
Beyond Recommendations: Logperch Brown Ale, Slave To The Grind Coffee Porter, Peace Love & Hoppiness Double IPA
MORE VA BREWERIES FROM THE GREAT VIRGINIA BEER TRIP