Devil's Backbone Brewing Company - 200 Mosbys Run, Roseland, VA 22967 - (434) 361-1001
Next up on the epic Memorial Day Beercation trip was Devil's Backbone Brewing Company (Basecamp) of Roseland, Virginia. This is one of the more well known beers in our area due to the big availability of their Vienna Lager at places all over DC and VA.
The waitress basically refused to give me all 16 beers (6 House, 10 Seasonal) at a time for the epic flight photo, so that is why you get the mess below including a "substitute" pic for the final flight. Super annoying. I'm also not sure what the cost is because this was the final stop of a long day of drinking.
1. Gold Leaf Lager - Helles Lager - 4.5% - 17 IBU
2. Vienna Lager - Vienna Lager - 4.9% - 18 IBU
3. Striped Bass Pale Ale - Pale Ale - 5.2% - 26 IBU
4. Eight Point IPA - IPA - 5.1% - 60 IBU
5. Schwarz Bier - Schwarzbier - 4.0% - 40 IBU
6. Trail Angel Weiss - Bavarian Hefeweizen- 4.7% - 12 IBU
7. Cran Gose - Cranberry Beer - 4.0% - 4 IBU
8. Trukker Pils - Pilsener - 5.0% - 38 IBU
9. Cattywompus - Belgian IPA - 7.5% - 45 IBU
10. Montpelier's Best Ambition Ale - Red Ale - 5.4% - 26 IBU
11. Morana - Schwarzbier - 5.8% - 22 IBU
12. Peach Wit - Belgian Wit - 4.6% - 14 IBU
13. Cru Noir - Belgian Ale - 6.1% - 22 IBU
14. Maibock - Maibock - 6.8% - 20 IBU
15. Piwo Gwarski - Gratzer - 3.6% - 15 IBU
16. Tommy Two Fists - Dortmunder Export Lager - 5.7% - 22 IBU
Read More At Devil's Backbone Brewing Company Website
Right now the Basecamp location is under a lot of construction. There was no outdoor seating which sucked, and the construction kind of ruins the experience. It may look really great in a year when the amphitheater and outdoor sections are complete. Again this is a ski resort brewery, so winter at least used to be their big season.
Beyond Recommendations: Schwartz Beer, Striped Bass Pale Ale, Cattywompus IPA, (And Peach Wit if you like fruity beers, I don't)
MORE VA BREWERIES FROM THE GREAT VIRGINIA BEER TRIP