Flying Mouse Brewery - 221 Precast Way, Troutville, VA 24175 - (540) 992-1288
Next up on the epic Memorial Day Beercation trip was Flying Mouse Brewery. This cool spot is in Troutsville, Virginia, just 15 miles north of Roanoke. Flying Mouse is a big warehouse basically in the middle of nowhere with a giant open garage bay, outdoor patio, and brewpub directly on the brew floor. Here is the full flight of beers, only 6 on tap, that were available ($7).
1. Flying Mouse Three - Kolsch - 4.6% - 30 IBU
2. Flying Mouse Four - Smooth Hop IPA - 7.2% - 70 IBU
3. Flying Mouse Five - Pale Ale- 5.8% - 55 IBU
4. Flying Mouse Eight - Porter - 5.3% - 40 IBU
5. Flying Mouse Brown - Brown Ale - 5.7% - 30 IBU
6. Flying Mouse Spring 15- IPA - 6.5% - 90 IBU
Read More At Flying Mouse's Website
One of the interesting things about Flying Mouse is that everything is non-breakable. The beers served on site are in plastic cups. The growlers are made of plastic. And they don't sell any bottles of their beers, just cans. It is basically so nobody breaks anything in their brewhouse and on the ground outside.
Beyond Recommendations: Kolsch, Spring 15 Rye IPA
MORE VA BREWERIES FROM THE GREAT VIRGINIA BEER TRIP