Loose Shoe Brewing Company - 198 Ambriar Plaza, Amherst, VA 24521 - (434) 946-2337
Next up on the epic Memorial Day Beercation trip was Loose Shoe Brewing Company in Amherst, Virginia. This is located in a shopping center with a giant red "BREWERY" sign to lead you where to go. We sat down and I tried all 6 of their beers on tap.
1. Vixenbier - Vienna Lager - 5.5% - 14 IBU
2. Ambriar Ale - IPA - 6.8% - 66 IBU
3. 8 Seconds - Pale Ale - 5.5% - 28 IBU
4. Wyld Ryed - Pale Ale - 5.5% - 36 IBU
5. The Apprentice - Brown Ale - 5.0% - 25 IBU
6. Blacksmith - Imperial Irish Stout - 8.9% - 69 IBU
Read More At Loose Shoe's Website
Loose Shoe has the coolest bar we've seen so far. Under the glass counter is a bunch of barley seeds and horseshoes. The bartender was super friendly and they gave us some microwaved popcorn to munch on as we enjoyed our beer.
Beyond Recommendations: 8 Seconds Pale Ale
MORE VA BREWERIES FROM THE GREAT VIRGINIA BEER TRIP